No outfit's complete without its handbag complement, and if you're like us, there's really no way we could live sans our trusty arm-candy sidekicks. There's got to be some deeper meaning to why we gravitate toward and carry the bags we do — and there is. Thus, we're going to get to the bottom of our bag lady tendencies once and for all. From the silhouettes that best define your fashion identity to which celebrity style icons' bag sensibility you relate to most, it's time to unravel the mystery of "what your bag says about you." Maybe you seek classic pieces to highlight your timeless style-setter MO, perhaps you find bag nirvana in edgier wares from the likes of Alexander Wang and Balenciaga, maybe it's an affinity to ultrafeminine accents that keeps you coming back for girlier chain-strap shoulder bag iterations, or maybe it's a cool combination of all of the above. For a closer look at what your bag says about you, click through for our ultimate breakdown now.
Source: Getty , WireImage , Street Peeper , and FameFlynet 
Your bag is quirky, laden with bold colors, and holds its own against your already vibrant style. You carry a multicolored snakeskin from Proenza Schouler or a slouchy hand-woven cotton tribal-printed shoulder bag from Wayúu Taya — it's all about showcasing your inner (and outer) bohemian. What shines through most is your affinity to relaxed shapes, funky patterns, bright patchwork details, and let's face it — you'll never say "no" to a fun fringe addition. You're the girl that wishes she could have been front and center at Woodstock. You prefer the great outdoors to lavish metropolitan getaways, you'll never refuse a Grateful Dead listening party, and when in doubt, it's all about keeping your beauty outlook fresh-faced. Plus, celebs like Sienna Miller  and Kristen Bell , as well as fashion industry insiders, also tote a more free-spirited kind of handbag as the ultimate boho touch.
- The Bags You Love: Coach Legacy tassel bag, House of Harlow Jolie Taupe, Totem Salvaged leather-trimmed clutch, Marni vinyl tote, Missoni knitted satchel, and Wayúu Taya Mochilla.
- Iconic Inspiration: Your mom in the 1970s, or more recently, Rachel Zoe , Kate Moss , Nicole Richie , and Sienna Miller are leading the free-spirited style tribe.
- What's on Your iPod: The Strokes, Youth Lagoon, Blood Orange, The White Stripes, The Kills, and Florence + The Machine.
In this photo (clockwise from left): Kristen Bell, stylist Aya Kanai, London style-setter, Sienna Miller, and Mary-Kate Steinmiller
From scalloped details to chic threaded chain straps to plush quilted leather, the bag that most defines your girlie look can be pinpointed back to the classic Chanel shoulder bag iteration or the Mulberry mini Lily. The accents you value most happen to be soft, sweet, and overtly pretty. You may spring for a tweed version or a bolder hue, but when push comes to shove, your roots remain superfeminine to their core. So, what does that say about you outside of what you're carrying on your arm? You're the girl who can always be counted on to look totally put together at the drop of a hat, you've lost count of the amount of dresses and skirts things you own, and when you have a bad day, you head to Magnolia Bakery for a sweet cupcake pick-me-up.
- The Bags You Love: Mulberry mini Lily, Chanel large quilted flap bag, Chloé Marcie messenger, Diane von Furstenberg Lytton clutch, and Tory Burch Kipp shoulder bag.
- Iconic Inspiration: Drawing from the likes of ultrafeminine types like Brigitte Bardot and Sophia Loren, you identify with a ladylike appeal and overt homage to sweet details. These days, Olivia Palermo, Nina Dobrev , and Taylor Swift  top your girlie-girl inspiration list.
- What's on Your iPod: Beyoncé, Oh Land, Lady Gaga , and Katy Perry .
In this photo (clockwise from left): Olivia Palermo, Hanneli Mustaparta, Alexa Chung, Nina Dobrev, and Kate Bosworth 
Where your bag is concerned, let's just say money is no object — but that's not all. You're also drawn to luxe options that not only require an investment, but demand swift entrance into the iconic status realm. Be it a Céline's luggage tote, a patent crocodile skin Delvaux satchel, or one of Yves Saint Laurent's Cabas Chyc totes, it's already nestled in the crook of your arm, holding a Bottega Veneta wallet within its plush walls. While your outfit style may run the gamut from sleek and refined to evening glitz in overdrive, your bag will always remain the luxurious staple in the equation. Whether you've already welcomed the legendary Birkin into your collection or are currently on the waiting list, you've got an eye for uptown girl-inspired accents through and through. Needless to say, you're the kind of woman that can recite every line from Breakfast at Tiffany's, you know the Upper East Side's Madison Ave. "strip" like the back of your hand, and you might just have Henri Bendel's on speed dial.
- The Bags You Love: Hermès Birkin (or Kelly, for that matter), Delvaux Brilliant PM, Yves Saint Laurent Cabas Chyc (or the Muse, hello!), and the Céline luggage tote.
- Iconic Inspiration: While Jane Birkin, Grace Kelly, and Marilyn Monroe set the precedent for ultimate glamour, you also draw inspiration from modern-day luxe ladies Beyoncé, Victoria Beckham , Sofia Vergara, and Eva Longoria .
- What's on Your iPod: Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson , Diana Ross, and Ella Fitzgerald.
In this photo (clockwise from left): Candice Lake, Sofia Vergara, Eva Longoria, Elettra Wiedemann, and Miroslava Duma
Look to Miranda Kerr 's subtly edged up Celiné tote or conjure up visions of Zoe Kravitz rocking a studded bucket bag in SoHo for further proof of your rough-around-the-bag-edges sensibility. Your bag holds some serious tough-girl appeal by way of metal hardware, distressed leather, and a less structured shape. Here's the thing, though — just because you prefer an edgier bag doesn't mean your sense of "what's in" has dulled. In fact, you tend to snag the season's hottest bags, with zippers, rivets, and studs in full effect, of course. Your penchant for quirky details, but always with a flair for what's "in" translates to your everyday lifestyle too. When you're not tapping into your creative side at work, you're front row at Webster Hall in NYC listening to the latest from Peter Bjorn and John or sipping on a Maker's Mark on the rocks at the latest art gallery opening in Chelsea.
- The Bags You Love: Alexander Wang Diego bucket bag, Proenza Schouler PS1, 3.1 Phillip Lim Bang shoulder bag, and Balenciaga First Cassis bag.
- Iconic Inspiration: The downtown-cool vibe was cultivated by creative types, daring style-setters, and edgy fashionistas like Madonna , Joan Jett, and Diane Keaton  in Annie Hall. Flash foward — now you also look up to tough-meets-chic girls like Gwyneth Paltrow  and Rachel Bilson .
- What's on Your iPod: Jimi Hendrix, Azealia Banks, White Rabbits, Bon Iver, Foster the People, and Frank Ocean.
In this photo (clockwise from left): NYC style-setter, Rachel Bilson, Miranda Kerr, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Glamour editor Rajni Jacques
You're never without a sleek, go-with-everything tote or duffel. While your affinity to classic shapes can veer into luxe territory, it's not necessarily about the status of an iconic bag for you. Rather, it's about a minimalist shape, a size that befits functionality, and a polished finish that completes your low-key (but always chic) style. You're the kind of style-setter that is drawn to timeless, clean, sophisticated silhouettes, no matter what the occasion, the season, or the color palette calls for. You love jet-setting to Paris for walks on the Seine, trips to the Musée d'Orsay, and shopping expeditions in Le Marais. When you're not partaking in European adventures, you're brushing up on classic lit, grabbing espresso with friends, and looking effortlessly stylish at the office.
- The Bags You Love: Givenchy Antigona (or the Nightingale), Sofia Coppola for Louis Vuitton duffel tote, Salvatore Ferragamo calfskin shoulder bag, and every Jason Wu Jourdan iteration.
- Iconic Inspiration: There's not many that can top Jackie O. or Audrey Hepburn's classic approach to style, but Diane Kruger , Reese Witherspoon , and Emma Stone  certainly provide a new foundation for timeless handbag inspiration.
- What's on Your iPod: The Beatles, Lauryn Hill, Chopin, Alabama Shakes, and Coldplay.
In this photo (clockwise from left): Diane Kruger, NYC style-setter, Rachel Bilson , Reese Witherspoon, Shala Monroque, and Cameron Diaz