Whitney Eve Fall 2012
Honing in on a cool-girl craftiness (and her own signature style), Whitney Port sent fuzzy sweaters, mixed prints, and pretty florals down the runway this morning for her Fall Whitney Eve collection. Front-row celebs Nigel Barker, Tyson Beckford, and Coco Rocha nodded along as models hit the catwalk and Beyoncé's "Run the World (Girls)" blared in Lincoln's Studio. The soundtrack may have been just a bit over-the-top — flirty floral dresses and peplum don't exactly scream tough-girl — but chain-adorned velvet trousers and burnout velvet pants may speak more to that edginess. As a whole, though, the collection feels decidedly breezy and feminine, albeit with that same quirkiness — read: mixed prints, playful cropped proportions, bold hues, and a splash of sequins — that defines Whitney's own LA style.
- Trends: Velvet, mixed prints, textured knits, florals, crop tops, peplum.
- Colors: Orange, black, navy, nude.
- Key Piece: The cropped printed knit mixed with the printed miniskirt.
- Accessories: Angular, geometric necklaces; metallic ankle-strap platforms and socks.
- Who Would Wear It: Quirky-cool 20-somethings like Whitney herself.