Yigal Azrouel Spring 2013
With hues including "ice, quartz, and cactus" — and a quiet, architecturally tailored ease to match — Yigal Azrouel's Spring 2013 collection delivered a lineup that felt every bit the part of understated femininity. We were instantly captivated by the sexy crisscross back details, full ladylike skirts, and billowing floor-length dresses. Though it wasn't all clean, fluid lines. Reminding us it always pays to mix it up, Azrouel also offset his elongated silhouettes with chunkier waffle knits (most adorned with drawstring hoods), eyelet-embroidered racerback maxi dresses, and strong, structured blazers. The collection felt simple, but not in a plain way. It's the kind of clothes you can count on for classic lines and all-season appeal. Click through for your first look at Yigal Azrouel's Spring 2013 collection now.
- Trends: Long and loose silhouettes, hooded knits, crisscross detailing, interesting textural use (think waffle knits and eyelet embroidery).
- Colors: Soft earthy tones — white, cream, tan — with darker khaki greens, black, and navy blues.
- Key Piece: It's a tie: we'll take one of the nude pink sheaths with the sexy crisscross back and one of those open-weave waffle-knit sweaters to keep us warm on chilly beach-bound nights.
- Accessories: Flat leather sandals, double ankle-strap sandals, large python portfolio clutches, and hoods on everything.
- Who Should Wear It: This collection begs to be worn by street-style pros — the ones who have an innate sense of how to layer longer proportions with heavier, cropped ones. Plus, we're pretty sure these stylers may be the only ones to pull off the fully hooded look, too.