Romanian deadlifts target the hamstrings, quads, and glutes.
- Stand holding one or two cans (or medium weights) and your knees slightly bent.
- Keeping your arms straight in front of your pelvis and knees slightly bent, slowly bend at your hip joint (not your waist) and lower the cans (or weights) as far as possible without rounding your back, which should remain straight.
- Squeeze your glutes and abs to slowly pull yourself up. Do not rely on your back to do the work.
- Do three sets of 12 reps.
- For a harder variation, balance on one leg at a time while completing this exercise.