No Gym? No Problem — Grab 2 Dumbbells For a Total-Body-Blasting Home Workout
A home workout with dumbbells is exactly what you need to try if you've decided to lift outside of the gym. No matter what your favorite style of training is, we highly recommend adding in strength training — dumbbell exercises or moves with other weights like kettlebells or a medicine ball — as a supplementary workout to build muscle and improve muscular imbalances, strength, and power. To help you out, we've got a total-body dumbbell workout that will leave you feeling sweaty, strong, and sore in the best way possible. Moves include goblet squats, bent-over rows, and bicep curls.
Home Workout With Dumbbells
Equipment needed: The only thing you'll need for this workout is a set of medium-weight dumbbells.
Directions: After you've got your weights, be sure to go through a dynamic warmup to get your muscles warm and prevent injury. This workout should be performed in trisets, meaning every set will have three exercises in it. Complete the designated sets and reps as listed ahead. Try to take no more than 45 to 60 seconds of rest in between exercises and sets. Once you've completed the workout, be sure to cool down.
- Triset 1, Exercise 1: single-leg deadlift with dumbbells: three sets of 10 reps on each leg
- Triset 1, Exercise 2: bent-over row: three sets of 12 reps
- Triset 1, Exercise 3: seated knee tuck: three sets of 12 reps
- Triset 2, Exercise 1: goblet squat: three sets of 15 reps
- Triset 2, Exercise 2: bicep curl: three sets of 12 reps
- Triset 2, Exercise 3: elbow side plank: hold for 20 seconds on each side for three sets total
- Triset 3, Exercise 1: weighted glute bridge: three sets of 12 reps
- Triset 3, Exercise 2: dumbbell tricep extension: three sets of 12 reps
- Triset 3, Exercise 3: seated Russian twist: three sets of 10 reps
Ahead, you'll find step-by-step instructions for how to do each exercise of this workout.