It's no secret that travel and notoriously pricey, unhealthy snacks go hand in hand. If you're hitting the road this holiday season or heading to the airport, packing your own snacks will save you money, unwanted calories, and candy bar regret. A small snack will also keep your diet on track, curbing stomach growls — preventing you from overindulging come mealtime.
Grab some ziplock bags and start packing some of our favorite 100-calorie snacks before you board the plane or hit the road this Winter!
- Three cups of popcorn (93) sprinkled with cinnamon (6): 99 calories.
- Kashi Cinnamon Oat Heart to Heart Cereal (1/4 cup of cereal is 40 calories) with a small apple (53): 93 calories.
- Mini Clif Bar (Crunchy Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut, Chocolate Chip, or Blueberry Crisp): 100 calories
- One rice cake (35) drizzled with almond butter (51): 86 calories
- Seven Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips (65) with one tablespoon Sabra Hummus (35): 100 calories
- One serving of homemade baked kale chips: 59 calories.
Keep reading for more 100-calorie snack ideas.
- 1/8 cup of dried cherries (50) with two dark chocolate Kisses (40): 90 calories
- One small orange (45) with eight almonds (55): 100 calories
- Fifteen grapes (51) with five baked crackers (40): 91 calories
Don't forget, when traveling it is not only important to fuel properly but also to stay well-hydrated! This will prevent dull skin and dreaded jet lag.