If you tend to exercise in the early morning before work, more power to you. But if you're looking to mix things up, try working out in the evening. Here are some reasons why:
- You'll have more time to devote to your workouts, since you won't feel rushed to have to make an appointment or get to work.
- Other people are usually free at this time, so you'll be able to have a motivating workout buddy.
- Dinner is over, so you'll be fueled up already and have energy to move. Plus, exercising after eating will curb your cravings so you're less likely to snack before bed.
- If you work out at a gym, this time of day is usually less crowded, so you won't have to wait to use equipment.
- It'll help you clear your mind so you can have a restful night of sleep.
Fit's Tips: Try to make your workouts end at least an hour before you plan on hitting the sheets, otherwise you may be too wound up to fall asleep.