Almond Butter is one of my favorite treats. A spoonful of it with some dark chocolate chips and dried cranberries is absolutely divine and, not to mention, satisfying.
- 1 tbsp of almond butter contains 95 calories, 8g of healthy fat (this can help to lower LDL cholesterol), no cholesterol, 2g of fiber, and 2.5g of protein.
- 2 tbsp of almond butter contains 86 mg of calcium. Your RDI of calcium is 1,000 mg.
- Almond butter is a good source or magnesium, Vitamin E, and potassium. It's also a great source of selenium, which has been shown to be effective in preventing cancer.
- People who have a peanut allergy can eat almond butter (only if it's processed in a plant that doesn't process peanut products).
- To prevent almond butter from going rancid, it should be stored in a cool dry place until it's opened, and then stored in the fridge after that.