This 5-Minute Total-Body Circuit Will Have You Sweating Buckets
Ready to work your booty . . . and your abs . . . and your arms and legs? Well, you're in luck, because we're about to give you the five-minute no-equipment butt-kicking workout you've been dreaming of. That's right: no gym, no dumbbells, no fancy machines. Just you, your body, some space to move, and a whole lot of sweat. These five moves will work every angle of your beautiful bod.
Arm Circle Planks
- In a plank position, reach your left arm back and then circle it overhead, bringing your palm back to the floor; repeat on the other side. This counts as one rep.
- Repeat for 60 seconds, keeping the core stable and the belly button pulled up toward the spine.
- The wider your feet are, the more stable you will be. Do not let your pelvis drift toward the ceiling.
- Lie on your back, and place your hands on the floor for stability as you bend one leg and lift the other leg off the ground.
- Pressing your heel into the floor, lift your pelvis up, keeping your body in a stiff bridge position.
- Slowly lower your body to the floor and repeat for 30 seconds on each side.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and place your hands on your hips (or at the back of your head) with your elbows opened wide.
- Pull your abs to your spine and keep your back neutral while pressing your butt backward, hinging at the hips, until your back is almost parallel to the floor.
- Keep a slight bend in your knees as you hinge forward.
- Return to standing, squeezing your glutes when you are upright to reset. This completes one rep.
- Repeat as many times as you can for 60 seconds.
Gate Swing Twist
- Begin standing with your feet together. Hop your feet wide apart, and come into a deep squat, bringing your hands to your thighs. Your toes will be pointed outward.
- With your hands on your thighs, rotate your abdomen to the left, dipping your right shoulder toward the center. Then rotate to the right, bringing your left shoulder down and center. Return to a neutral position with your spine and shoulders.
- Push off your knees for leverage as you jump your legs together to complete one rep.
- Repeat as many times as possible for 60 seconds.
Single-Leg Touch and Hop
- Begin standing with your weight on your left foot. Keeping your back long, bend your left knee to touch the floor with your right fingers.
- Swing your right leg and left arm forward to return to standing, hopping once the torso is upright. Land with control, then slowly lower your torso and bend your knee to touch the floor again. Repeat for 30 seconds on each side.