It's getting hot out there, which means many of you are busting out the bathing suits, crop tops, and waist-skimming bottoms. If you're not quite ready to bare your midriff, we've got just the thing for you! Here are seven ab-focused workouts that'll have your tummy tight and toned by the time Summer rolls around.
- We are all about total-body workouts, but sometimes it's nice to give a little extra attention to the midsection. For those moments, turn to our comprehensive all-abs workout, where you'll find the best moves to tone your upper abs, obliques, and lower abs.
- Pictures don't lie: Lady Gaga is definitely sporting a six-pack. To get results like Gaga's, follow this workout plan created by her trainer Harley Pasternak.
- Just because it's quick doesn't mean it won't do wonders for your belly. All you need are four minutes to do our short, sweet, and complete ab video workout. It's the perfect way to spend a commercial break during your favorite show.
- Yes, crunches are the go-to exercise for working your core, but they aren't so good for posture. Skip them altogether, while also giving your body a bigger challenge, by doing our favorite crunchless ab exercises.
- Yoga not only relaxes the mind, but it also helps tone the tummy, something Jennifer Aniston knows all too well. In this short video, watch as celeb trainer Mandy Ingber takes us through three poses she uses to help sculpt Jen's midsection.
- Another celeb with a set of drool-worthy abs is Minka Kelly (she was voted one of Esquire's sexiest, after all). Her trainer Gunnar Peterson shared one of the actress's fitness secrets with us: standing ab work! Grab a dumbbell and get set to follow along with this video workout highlighting Minka's ab routine.
- Skip the Spanx and tone your way to a midsection you'll be dying to show off — even in that dreaded pooch area. To help work that lower ab section, Amy Dixon, group fitness manager at Equinox in Santa Monica, developed this workout to target the lower abdominal muscles. You'll work with a stability ball to challenge your core even more.