- 1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
3 cups filtered water
2 tablespoons agave nectar or brown rice syrup
Fine mesh sieve
- Pour almonds into a large bowl. Bring 3 cups water to a boil, and pour over blanched almonds. Let rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour almonds and water into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Cut 2 large pieces of cheesecloth, dampen them under a faucet, and wring them out. Lay cheesecloth pieces one over the other in a crisscross position over a fine mesh sieve. Place fine mesh sieve over a clean bowl.
- Pour 1/3 blended almond mixture over cheesecloth. Gather 4 sides of cheesecloth with left hand, and with right hand, squeeze out excess liquid. Once all liquid is extracted, place almond meal in a separate bowl, rinse and wring out cheesecloth, and repeat procedure in 2 more increments.
- Whisk agave nectar into almond milk. Pour into an airtight container, and refrigerate. Almond milk will last 2 to 3 days, or until it tastes sour.
- Other, Drinks
- North American