Like a cookie warm from the oven, this cinnamon-cookie oat bake is full of nourishing whole grains, is gluten-free and vegan, and contains no refined sugars. Pure and simple sweetness that will make the soul smile.
This really is like a cinnamon oat cookie. So good and so hearty for breakfast. It's subtly sweet, but all the cinnamon goodness is spot on. I love taking that first scoop with my spoon into the warm deep oat "cookie," savoring the warm yumminess. It's one of those breakfast comforts that warms the belly and soul. All oatmeals do that, though. I think the ranking of oat comfort would be, first, baked oats, then normal creamy hot oats, then overnight oats last. But really, put any oats in my ramekin, and I am a happy camper!
To learn more about Rebecca and this recipe, check out Strength & Sunshine.
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tablespoon milled flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon date syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir.
- Lightly grease a single-serve ramekin with some coconut oil and transfer the oatmeal mixture into the ramekin.
- Bake the ramekin in the oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy right away, or let cool, cover with foil or plastic, and save it for the morning. To reheat, simply microwave for about 1 minute.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Granola
- North American
- Makes 1 serving