If you love KFC's popcorn chicken but don't necessarily love the excess calories, fat, and sodium, try these baked chicken bites from our friends at PaleoHacks!
These chicken bites are baked, not fried, and have a great crispy texture. Not only are they perfect for a delicious meal, but they also make the most delectable appetizer to enjoy with friends or at a get-together.
All you need are a few simple ingredients any Paleo-stocked pantry is sure to have, and in 20 minutes you'll have the juiciest, most addicting chicken poppers to nibble on.
First, start with some chicken breasts and cut them into small bite-size pieces about an inch or so, and place them off to the side. To just give these little morsels a tiny bit of sweetness, you can add some honey to a beaten egg.
Place the chicken bites into the egg mixture to dredge them before adding their crispy coating. While they're soaking up a bit of that egg mix, create your coating.
For the coating, whisk together some almond flour with your spices — garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and black pepper. Place each piece of chicken in the coating and roll it around to make sure it covers each piece entirely. Place the chicken on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
And just like that, you'll have juicy little tenders that are perfect to enjoy with homemade paleo condiments like BBQ sauce, mustard, or ketchup.
Pro tip: They make the perfect toppers to a fresh salad — but be careful, these are seriously addicting!
- 1 pound chicken breast, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Cut your chicken breasts into bite-size pieces, about 1-inch cubes, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your egg and honey until smooth. Place the chicken bites into the egg mixture and coat each side.
- While the chicken is dredging, mix together the almond flour, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and black pepper until combined.
- Transfer the chicken bites to the coating mixture, a few at a time, and roll each piece to coat all sides. Place the breaded chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- North American
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 15 minutes