Tone your tush and your inner thighs with one swift move. Standing with your legs wide in a second-position stance works your backside as it supports you, and your inner thighs work as you rotate your legs open. Try this exercise in your living room or the weight room at the gym where you can use a mirror to check your posture.
Note: all of these movements are so minute that you will hardly be able to see them. They are small yet effective, and you will definitely feel the burn when doing them correctly. The tinier the action, the more controlled and successful it is.
- Start in second position, with your legs opened wide to the sides and your toes turned slightly outward. Placing your hands on your hips, bend your knees, going as low as you can. Make sure your shoulders remain directly over your hips and your back stays in a straight vertical line. Use the mirror to monitor your posture. Do make sure to keep your heels directly below your knees to avoid harming the joint.
- While holding second position, in a pulsing fashion lower and raise your hips one inch for 10 to 15 reps.
- Stay at your lowest point and reverse the emphasis of the pulse and begin to lift your hips up one inch in a very tiny range of motion for 10 to 15 reps.
- Extend your arms straight out in front of you with your palms facing down and hold this position for 20 counts.
- Bonus burn: keeping your arms out in front of your body, pulse your knees backward — the movement is small. If you find that it is too hard to press your knees back slightly, bring your toes forward until they are almost parallel, for if your feet are too far turned out, you won't be able to rotate your thighs in the hip sockets. Do this 10 to 15 times.