There are three reasons you love green smoothies. One, is there any other breakfast that compares to the delicious, fresh taste? Two, the only breakfast faster is a boring bowl of cereal. And three, because you can throw anything in the blender, it's chock-full of crazy-awesome nutrition. OK, but there's one problem with smoothies. They're freezing! Who wants to wrap their hands around an ice-cold cup and slurp down frosty fruit that leaves you chilled to the bone on a frigid day? So you make a bowl of oatmeal. But oh, how you miss your beloved green smoothies. Miss them no more!
Make a bowl of smoatmeal! It's one part smoothie and one part oatmeal, which equals all parts awesome. It's the perfect breakfast if you're trying to lose weight. For 370 calories, one sweet and creamy bowl offers 11.3 grams of stay-full-till-lunch fiber, 18.2 grams of protein, and less than 20 grams of sugar.
It's made the same way as a smoothie — just throw everything in a blender! So in the time it takes to boil half a cup of water, you'll have a wholesome, good-for-you, tasty breakfast ready to warm you up. This is a must try!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 3/4 cup blueberries (not frozen; reserve 1/4 cup for the topping)
- 1/2 banana (not frozen)
- 1/3 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Sport Performance Protein)
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon almonds, sliced or chopped
- Throw everything in the blender except for 1/4 cup blueberries and the almonds. Puree until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, top with blueberries and almonds, grab a spoon, and enjoy!
Source: Calorie Count
- North American
- 1 serving
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Calories per serving