A salad for breakfast may seem unexpected, but this rich and flavorful recipe will turn you into a believer. Packed with healthy veggies like pumpkin and bell pepper and topped with fiber-rich pepitas and a protein-packed egg, this salad is sure to help you start the day feeling energized and refreshed. With this in your tummy there will be no weighing you down!
- For the salad:
- 9 1/2 -ounce piece pumpkin, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 ounces swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 1 large zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thickly
- 2 cups trimmed watercress leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted pepitas
- 2 eggs
- For the lemon-thyme dressing:
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- To make lemon and thyme dressing, combine the ingredients in a screw-top jar and season to taste. Shake well.
- Combine vegetables and one tablespoon dressing in a large baking dish. Bake about 25 minutes or until vegetables are browned lightly and tender.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil then reduce to simmer. Crack each egg into a cup and slide into the water in the center of the pan. Cook five minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking, and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Combine vegetables and watercress in large bowl. Transfer to serving plates, then sprinkle with pepitas. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves 2
- Total Time
- 35 minutes