I love coleslaw. Whether it's served on top of a deli sandwich or on the side with something grilled, there's something about its tangy flavor that gets me every time. Unfortunately, this mayo- and sugar-laden treat is just that: an occasional indulgent treat.
I have a recipe for a rich and creamy blue cheese broccoli slaw that is always requested when I'm heading to a big BBQ or potluck gathering, but it's definitely not an everyday dish. When I'm craving a bowl of that slaw, this much healthier and significantly lighter iteration is the perfect alternative. Weighing in at 313 calories and offering over 34 grams of protein, this chicken slaw salad is a tangy, creamy, and decadent-tasting lunch. Most importantly, it falls in line with all your healthy goals!
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 2 cups broccoli slaw (I used Trader Joe's)
- 2 ounces chicken breast, grilled or baked
- 1 teaspoon sliced green onions
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and blue cheese crumbles in a small bowl. Mix well.
- In another bowl, add the broccoli slaw, then pour in your dressing, and mix well until all the slaw is coated evenly.
- Top off your slaw with the chicken breast, and sprinkle green onions on top. Enjoy!
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- 1 salad
- Calories per serving