- 1 3/4 cups water
1 cup buckwheat groats
1/2 teaspoon fine-grained sea salt
2 small Persian cucumbers, quartered lengthwise, then diced into 1/8-inch thick pieces
4 radishes, quartered, then thinly diced
1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained, chopped roughly
Sweet Mustard Tempeh*
- *This recipe calls for Sweet Mustard Tempeh, but you can also try Maple Tempeh Bacon or Tamari Pan-Roasted Pepitas.
- To make the salad, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the buckwheat and salt and return to a boil. Then, cover and simmer over medium-low heat until all the water is absorbed and the buckwheat is tender, about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then transfer the buckwheat to a baking sheet to cool.
- Add cucumbers, radishes, and sauerkraut to cooled buckwheat. Stir to combine.
- Put on plates and garnish with tempeh.
- Drizzle sesame sauce over each plate, and serve.
Makes four to six servings.
- North American