This burger is dairy-free, but if you're eating cheese, you can add a slice of mozzarella on top.
- For the patty:
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the burger:
- 6 whole-wheat buns
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 6 large basil leaves
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Add beans, mushrooms, oats, garlic, 1 cup basil leaves (save the 6 basil leaves for the topping), egg, and salt to a food processor, and puree until smooth. The consistency will be like very thick hummus.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes.
- Place a pan on medium heat, and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the mixture onto the hot pan, using the back of the spoon to form it into a flat and round patty shape. Repeat 2 more times to make 3 patties.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the bottom is slightly brown, then flip and cook another 5 minutes.
- Make 3 more patties using the remaining oil and bean and mushroom mixture.
- Serve burgers on a whole-wheat bun with a a few fresh basil leaves and a couple slices of tomato. Finish by adding the mozzarella cheese on top.
Here's nutritional info with the mozzarella:
Source: Calorie Count 
And without the mozarrella:
- Main Dishes, BBQ
- 6 servings
- Cook Time
- 30 min
- Calories per serving