This thigh burner is a take on traditional Chair pose. The position, which is usually taken as a hold in yoga, has tiny pulses to make it shape your muscles from the inside out. Zip your legs together and sit into Chair.
- Stand with your legs together and soften your knees. Reach your arms overhead and touch your palms together as you fold your chest down toward your knees.
- Hold this position as you drop your tail bone down in a small pulsing motion 10-15 times.
- Keep your legs squeezed together for support.
See a more challenging variation after the break!
- While staying in Chair pose, lift your heels off of the ground and keep your tailbone down.
- Pulse your seat toward your calves 10-15 times and hold the last pulse for five seconds to finish.
- When you end in Chair position, make sure your back stays flat and think about framing your ears with your arms to keep them lifted for a beautiful finish.