- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
2/3 cup raw wild rice
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 large celery stalks, diced
2 medium firm pears, cored and diced
2 cups finely diced whole grain bread
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning (like Spike or Mrs. Dash)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup apple cider
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a small saucepan. Stir in the wild rice, then cover and simmer gently until the liquid is absorbed, about 35 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet. Add the onion, and sauté until translucent. Add the celery, and sauté over medium heat until both are golden.
- Combine the onion-celery mixture with the cooked wild rice and all the remaining ingredients except the apple juice in a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine. Drizzle the apple juice in slowly, stirring all the while, until the mixture is evenly moistened.
- Transfer the mixture to a lightly oiled, large shallow baking dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top begins to get slightly crusty.
- Side Dishes, Stuffing/dressing
- North American
- 8 servings
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving