Tofu usually shows up as part of a full meal, but it also makes a delicious and satisfying snack. Prepare tofu ahead of time and store it in the fridge to whip up these protein-packed vegan cucumber tofu rolls in a matter of minutes. If you've never cooked with tofu, this is a great no-fail recipe to try out.
Keep reading to learn how to make this savory tofu recipe.
- 1 block extra firm tofu
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons Annie's Lite Gingerly Vinaigrette Dressing
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (more if you love it)
Half teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cucumber, washed
- Place the oil in a pan on medium-low heat.
- Make a slit in the tofu container and drain out the water in the sink. Then gently squeeze the container to get out any excess liquid. Take the block of tofu out of the container and place it on a cutting board. Cut 1/8-inch slices along the short side. Turn the cutting board and cut two slices along the long side of the tofu, making 36 or so 1 1/2-inch by 2-inch pieces.
- Lay out each piece of tofu in the hot pan. Pour on the dressing and sprinkle on the minced ginger, cumin, salt, and pepper. Allow to cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the bottom of each piece is slightly browned. Flip pieces as they're ready and lightly brown the other side. Set aside to cool.
- While the tofu is cooking, prepare the cucumbers. Using a mandoline slicer or a regular knife, cut the cucumber lengthwise in 1/8-inch-thick slices. You should get eight slices out of the cucumber.
- Lay one cucumber slice flat on the cutting board. Place a stack of four pieces of tofu on one end of the cucumber, roll it up, and place a toothpick through the center to keep it in a tight roll. Repeat until you make eight cucumber tofu rolls (two servings). Enjoy immediately.
- North American
Check out the nutritional info for four rolls.