- 1 1/3 cups uncooked quinoa
2/3 cup plain yogurt (not Greek-style)
Juice of one lime juice, about 1 tablespoon
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
pinch of cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
1 pound firm-ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (2 cups)
1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1/3 cup chopped fresh mint or cilantro
1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts or cashews
4 cups spinach or salad greens
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly. Pour quinoa into pot with 2 2/3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
- While quinoa cooks, whisk together yogurt, lime juice, curry powder, spices, ginger, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined.
- Toss quinoa with curried yogurt and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve over beds of lettuce either warm or at room temperature.