You try to eat organic, but do you dress organic? Organic cotton is becoming increasingly popular among eco-minded types, since it's grown without the
large amounts of pesticides that bathe conventional cotton — about 1/3 of a pound of chemicals per one cotton t-shirt! Organic cotton is better for the environment and our health.
So since I've been happy with the Danskin clothes I've been testing out lately, I was delighted to see that the gear brand is getting into organic cotton. Perfect for yoga and Pilates, all of the Danskin Prima Organics are constructed from organic cotton with nontoxic dyes. For details on the line,
The cotton-jersey fabric on these pieces looks like that of a high-quality t-shirt, so at first I was afraid it might ride up or chafe. But it actually feels much lighter on the skin; it breathes well and wears nicely. The only complaint I have is that it feels like it might lose its shape over time, but it's tough to tell after just one wear and one washing. Here's a look at the line.
- Double V-Neck Jersey Tank Top ($52) This casual tank provides plenty of coverage and has a built-in bra that stays put perfectly.
- Y-Back Jersey Tank Top ($48) Soft and stretchy, this basic form-fitting top is nice and long for ample coverage.
- Long-Sleeve Hooded Top ($52) Like the tank top, this hoodie has a nice long silhouette, and it's cozy without being bulky.
- Interlock Bootleg Pant ($56) These stretchy slim pants are great for stretching and even cold-weather jogs.
- Interlock Crop Pant ($50) The cropped, wide-band pants were incredibly flattering and fell nicely on my legs.