The downsides of overindulging aren't just immediate: in addition to that bloated feeling, you also have to deal with constant cravings for all the high-sugar or fatty foods you've been eating. If you've been guilty of overindulging this weekend, trick your taste buds into thinking they're getting a treat with this delicious detoxing strawberry lemonade smoothie.
This smoothie will remind you of drinking a tall glass of strawberry lemonade on a hot day, but without the added sugar normally found in the refreshing treat. In fact, this smoothie only relies on the natural sweetness of strawberries plus a few dates (to add more sweetness, if needed). The lemon helps the body naturally cleanse, while the strawberries provide well over the daily recommended intake of vitamin C, which has been shown to help burn fat. And not only that, the added spinach helps regulate your digestive system, and you won't even taste it!
Read on for the recipe.
- 1/2 cup pure coconut water
- 1 1/6 cup local, organic strawberries
- 1/4 medium-large local, organic lemon
- 1 handful of organic spinach
- 2 to 3 small pitted, local Deglet Noor dates (optional and can be used to sweeten according to taste)
- 2 scoops ice
- Place strawberries, lemon, coconut water, ice, spinach, and dates (optional) in a blender.
- Blend on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
Makes one 16-ounce serving.
- North American
Source: Calorie Count