Are you fired up for the college football season to start? You may sacrifice your voice rooting for the old team, but you shouldn't compromise your waistline. Instead of nachos dripping in cheese and sour cream, try this spicy chipotle twist on classic hummus dip that will have your taste buds cheering for more.
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
Place the garbanzo beans, water, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, chipotle pepper, garlic, and cumin in the bowl of a food processor; blend until smooth. Add the red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Pulse the mixture until the ingredients are coarsely chopped into the hummus base. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
- Snacks, Dips
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
This delicious recipe is based on 20 servings, which is perfect for hosting a soirée. If it's just you, consider preserving it in a tub to snack on later or cut the ingredients in half for a smaller portion.
Be sure to add your recipes to our Healthy Eating Group! Include a photo with your recipe and we might just post here on FitSugar.