- 16-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 baguette, cut into 30 slices
- 1 Bartlett pear, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil the edamame in salted water for 10 minutes. Remove beans with a slotted spoon and place in ice water for a couple minutes to cool, then drain.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the whole edamame and place the remaining edamame in a food processor; process until coarsely chopped.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed edamame with the whole edamame, three tablespoons olive oil, chopped mint, Romano cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Thinly slice the baguette into 30 slices and brush each piece lightly using one tablespoon olive oil. Bake for eight minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top each crostini with one tablespoon of the edamame mixture, garnish with chopped pears, and enjoy.
- Appetizers, Crostini
- North American
- 30 crostini
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- Calories per serving