While you're blow-drying your hair, doing the dishes, reading a magazine, or checking email, you could be toning your glutes. Actually any time you're standing, you could be doing this booty move. You can hold onto something to help you stay balanced, but it'll work your glutes and your standing leg more if you don't.
- Stand tall and place your hands on your hips.
- Put all the weight in your right leg, keep both legs straight, and lift your left leg directly behind you. Let your glutes do all the work. Keep your left foot flexed and work on lifting your heel as high as you can without leaning your torso too far forward. Engage your abs to help you stay balanced.
- Then lower your left leg so it's parallel with your right, but don't let it touch the ground. Then lift it back up behind you.
- Repeat this move 20 times at a moderate pace, and then lift your leg another 20 times so it's slightly out to the side to target your outer glutes.
- Then do the other leg, 20 times behind you, and 20 times diagonally out to the side.