I love an eye pillow during savasana. The added prop makes the end of yoga class even more relaxing. You can give the gift of relaxation and make your friends and loved ones eye pillows for the holidays. DIY gifts add a more personal touch to the giving season, and you'll save yourself some dough. Since you don't need a large amounts of fabric for this project, you can probably use old scraps, making your gift eco friendly too.
Here's what you'll need:
- fabric, something soft and luxurious — flannel is great
- flax seed
- dried herbs of your choice: roses, chamomile, peppermint, lavender
- sewing machine or thread and needle
- straight pins
- measuring cup and tablespoon
Learn how to whip up an eye pillow.
- Cut a piece of fabric that is 7-by-10 inches.
- Fold it in half with the patterned side on the inside. Now you have a 3.5-by-10-inch rectangle.
- Sew one of the short sides and the long side with a quarter-inch seam.
- Flip the pouch inside-out so now the patterned side is on the outside, and the seams are hidden inside.
- In the bowl, mix 3/4 to one cup flaxseeds and four tablespoons of dried herbs. Play around with the herb mixture you use as filling. You can personalize the scent for each giftee.
- Using a spoon, fill up the eye pillow about 3/4 full. Don't fill it up all the way because you won't be able to sew the end closed.
- Use your fingers to carefully fold the open end so the two raw edges are inside. Pin the two folded edges and then sew them together, closing up our pillow.