We all have excuses as to why we don't work out. Is yours similar to this? I don't have time to workout.
My answer to that is simple; Yes you do. Here's how to fit it in:
- Friday night is date night. If your date night with your husband is like mine, it is necessary for the life of your marriage. So instead of the usual sappy movie and a large popcorn, try switching to something more active like bowling, miniature golf or dancing. Or make a daytime hiking date.
- Get up 30 minutes earlier one day a week to workout. Seriously, you can do one day a week. Once you have gotten used to that, add another day.
- Get active with your kids. When they are at swimming lessons, you can swim on the other end of the pool. When they are playing at the jungle gym, instead of sitting around like all of the other mothers, do some lunges, squats and pull ups while keeping an eye on them. Feel like you'll miss all the good gossip? Start a stroller walking group so you can walk and talk.
- Go to the gym during your lunch break. You may end up eating at your desk post-workout but you do that most of the time anyway and now at least you'll feel more energized in the end.
- Go to the gym with a plan of action. You can't waste time figuring out what to do next. Make a list and stick to it.
- Walk when possible. Start by parking in the back of the parking lot and walking. What's more? No door dings. After that, take 10 minutes out of your day to walk around (it could even release some stress).
- You can even work out while you're working using FIT's at your desk tips.
You can somehow always, even if it is small, get more active in your life. I'd love to hear your ideas -- tell me below!