The right fitness buddy can help you stay on track, but your get fit dates don't have to be exclusive to the gym. Plan a fun friend date that will zap calories without you even realizing you're working it out. Here are some seasonal suggestions that will allow you to catch up sans a calorie-heavy happy hour.
- Take a jog/walk at the beach or in the park — An hour of jogging, walking, and talking will burn 371 calories.
- Put on your comfy shoes and mall walk — An hour cruising the mall and racks will torch about 97 calories.
- Roll to the ice or roller skating rink — It's always the perfect temperature indoors. An hour of roller skating will burn 465 calories. An hour of ice skating will burn 332 calories.
- Put on your fancy shoes for ballroom dancing — Dancing With the Stars has Audrina Patridge in "the best shape of her life." Sign up for a class with your BFF. An hour will burn 254 calories.
- Tee off at mini golf — Grab your golf gear for a low-key workout. An hour of mini golf will burn 136 calories.
Want to get fit with your favorite cutie? Plan a romantic fitness date.
Calorie burn based on a 130-pound woman that's 5'5". Calculate a more accurate burn stat for your weight and height with our Calorie Burn tool.