Shins, aka Tibialis Anterior
This is a great move when you feel shin splints starting.
- Start on your hands and knees with the roller placed on your shins just under your knees.
- Keep your hands still and roll your knees toward your hands, bringing roller almost to ankles.
- Roll for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Change the angle by twisting to right so the right shin has more contact with roller for a few repetitions then twist to the left.
- Bonus: This works your abs and core a bit too.
Photos courtesy of: Core Performance Women (Penguin)