Your Muscles Will Love This 45-Minute, Full-Body Strength Workout
In my opinion, taking time for yourself to work out is one of the best forms of self-care. Instead of letting stress creep up as you scan the gym to figure out which machines are free and if you can snag a squat rack, I recommend coming in with a plan. Whether you're following a four-week workout plan or showing up already knowing what you're going to do for the day, preparation makes your workouts a lot smoother. That's where this full-body gym workout routine comes in.
This workout (which you can do at the gym or at home, with the right equipment) consists of just eight moves, but it truly works your whole body. You'll be targeting your shoulders, biceps, back, glutes, quads, and abs with these moves, and the whole thing shouldn't take more than 45 minutes, which is about how long you might spend wandering around the gym looking for open equipment. Check out the full workout below for a much more efficient routine, and get ready to work!
45-Minute Full-Body Gym Workout
Equipment needed: Two sets of dumbbells; one set should be medium/heavy and the second set should be light. This guide will help you choose the right weight. You'll also need a stability ball.
Directions: Make sure you warm up beforehand (try some of these moves). To help you save time, this workout should be performed in supersets, meaning you should take little to no rest in between each exercise. For example, you'll do a set of the overhead squat press and immediately transition to bicep curls. Then, you'll go back to the squats until you've completed the listed sets. There are three total supersets, and you'll do the last two exercises separately, not as supersets. Don't forget to cool down afterward with some stretches.
- Superset 1, exercise 1: overhead squat press: four sets of 12 reps
- Superset 1, exercise 2: bicep curl: four sets of 12 reps (each arm)
- Superset 2, exercise 1: single-leg bridge: four sets of 12 reps (each leg)
- Superset 2, exercise 2: single-arm row: four sets of 12 reps (each arm)
- Superset 3, exercise 1: step up: four sets of 10 reps (each leg)
- Superset 3, exercise 2: lateral raise: four sets of 10 reps
- Stir the pot: two sets of 10 reps each direction
- Bird dog: two sets of 10 reps on each side