I have always been an Anna Kournikova fan, but now even more so than before.
The hot tennis starlet is teaming with the Cartoon Network on an all-new healthy lifestyles DVD program entitled "Get Animated with Anna Kournikova" that will teach kids fun, creative ways to stay healthy and active in any typical indoor classroom setting. The program shows that every child can find a way to raise his or her heart rate, burn some calories and become more fit. The DVD will include the following, all of which sound like fun, for even an adult:
- Warm Up Exercises provide a way to get the oxygen and blood flowing and kids to get moving!
- Chair Aerobics is a fun way to get your heart pumping and your muscles working. These quick exercises can energize, increase productivity and provide an easy alternative to conventional exercises.
- Air Step Aerobics is similar to Step Aerobics only without a step. Students pretend to have a step in front of them. This is a great way to increase the heart rate, energize the mind, and have fun!
- Pretend Rope Jumping is a great way for students to practice rope jumping skills without ever making a mistake. No equipment is needed as students use only a “pretend” rope.
- Canned Food Exercises are a convenient way to strengthen muscles and help build strong bones without having to spend money on equipment. One pound cans of food are used as weights. Muscular endurance is emphasized as opposed to muscular strength which is developmentally appropriate for kids aged 8-11.
- Mind in Motion works both the body and the brain. Arrows and Cartoon Network characters pointing in different directions appear on the screen and children (and adults) must react by moving his/her feet, arms or body in the direction of the pointing arrow(s).
- Cool Down Exercises help bodies cool down and enable kids to focus and prepare for new tasks.
Seriously, can I get a copy of this DVD? It sounds like fun! I am very impressed that Anna is using her stardom to be a good influence on kids, rather than just jumping on the party/rehab cycle that most stars seem to be choosing these days.