Looking for a great exercise to work your abs without straining your neck? Try this move on an exercise ball. It'll also work your glutes and thighs.
- Place your upper back on the ball, feet about a foot apart, with your heels underneath your knees to help you stay balanced.
- Straighten your arms up above your chest, and touch your palms together. Engage your abs and press your pelvis up so your thighs and belly are in one straight line.
- As you exhale, slowly rotate your torso with control allowing your arms to follow the motion until they are parallel with the floor. Your bottom shoulder will be touching the ball.
- Then as you inhale, return to your starting position, bringing your torso back to the center and your arms pointing straight up. Exhale and rotate to the other side. Be sure to keep your abs, glutes, and thighs engaged the entire time.
- Repeat so you do a total of 30 on each side.