I, Y, T, and W Formations
- Lie your belly on an exercise ball. Plant your feet firmly on the floor, hip distance apart, to help stabilize your body.
- Fully extend both arms straight in front of you, coming into the "I" formation (1). Hold here for five seconds.
- Then bring your arms slightly out to the side, so they are at a 45° angle (2). Hold for another five seconds.
- Extend your arms out in "T" formation so they are perpendicular with your torso (3). Hold for five seconds.
- Then bend your elbows, keeping them lifted and in line with your shoulders, coming into "W" formation (4). Hold for another five seconds.
- This counts as one repetition. Complete a total of ten to 12 reps.