Gluten-free doesn't mean you have to miss out on all the fun. Here's a delectable cake recipe that will trick your eaters into thinking it's the real deal. This mix is quick and easy and only requires one bowl for the process, meaning less dishes for you. Forks and knives to that!
Keep reading for the recipe.
This gluten-free version of a traditional chocolate cake really satisfies a sweet tooth. Serve it for the holidays and see if anyone can really tell that it's free of wheat.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon guar gum or 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
5 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup water
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Bake in greased and floured nine-inch square pan (or lined with waxed paper) at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve as is or drizzle some fudge over the top for extra indulgence.
Makes 16 small servings.
- Desserts, Cake
- North American