- 4 slices of gluten free bread (or 2 gluten free pizza crusts, or 4 slices of organic whole wheat pita bread)
13 oz of tomato sauce (I use half a jar of organic pasta sauce)
1 cup of partly-skimmed mozzarella cheese
1 cup of diced tomatoes
1 cup of diced red and green peppers
1/2 cup of diced mushrooms
1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup of chopped red onions
1/2 cup of jalapeños for some additional kick (optional)
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of pepper
- Optional additional toppings include: broccoli, artichokes, olives, eggplant, and basil
Serving size: 1-2 people
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop and dice all of the listed vegetables.
- Put the diced tomatoes in a separate bowl and add your olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix well and let the olive oil marinate into the tomatoes.
- Place your bread or pizza crusts on a cookie sheet and put into the oven. Let bread bake for 5-10 minutes, flipping the bread after the five-minute mark. This helps to make it crispy.
- Pull out our bread from the oven and cover each slice with tomato sauce.
- Add your cheese and then proceed with the toppings including peppers, the marinated tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, spinach leaves and jalapeños.
- Put cookie sheet back in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow pizzas to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
- Main Dishes
- North American