Eating an apple a day may not prevent you from ever having to see your doc, but they are full of nutritional goodness: one medium apple is 95 calories with 4.4 grams of fiber and 195 milligrams of potassium. The high fiber content keeps you full, which helps prevent weight gain, and also keeps you regular, which results in a healthier body. Crunching on an apple is good for your smile because the fruit acts like a toothbrush, cleaning your teeth as you chew.
Another bonus is that apples are supersweet, so they're a healthier way to satisfy your sugar cravings. Here are 10 delicious, good-for-you snack ideas, all made with the goodness of apples.
- Shredded apple mixed into plain yogurt
- Warm apple toast made with whole-wheat bread, peanut butter, and sliced apples
- Apple slices drizzled with honey and sprinkled with sliced almonds
- Applesauce mixed in cottage cheese and sprinkled with Craisins
- Baked apple filled with raisins, walnuts, and a little maple syrup
- Diced apples sprinkled with cinnamon and warmed in the microwave
- Apple, peanut butter, and pumpkin stacks
- A piece of homemade apple cinnamon cake
- Slices of apple paired with slices of Cheddar cheese
- Apple chips made with apples, cinnamon, and sugar (using this recipe)