Stepping away from the traditional potato, these BBQ beet fries are a healthy, low-carb, baked side to any summer cookout. Make room on your plate for this super veggie showstopper. Gluten-free, vegan, and Paleo, everyone can enjoy some "fries!"
Who am I?! I'm cheating on potatoes with beets! Actually beets are one of my other favorite foods (okay, I have a lot of favorites and you probably want me to shut-up since I say every food is my favorite but . . . ), I thought they should get some recipe love. I usually just eat my daily beets (yes, daily) chopped up and raw in a mix of veggies I have for dinner, but sometimes a girl has to get fancy with her beets.
To learn more about Rebecca's long-standing love affair with beets, check out her blog, Strength & Sunshine.
- 3 large beets
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wash the beets and without peeling them, cut the end off so the tips are flat. Cut each beet in half, and then cut each in to thin wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine all spices and sauce. Then coat all the beet wedges in the mixture, making sure every side and slice is well and coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then lay out each wedge and place the sheet in the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Flip each wedge and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve with my BBQ sauce or ketchup!
- Side Dishes
- North American
- 3 to 4 servings