To achieve its quintessential creamy texture, most blue cheese dressing recipes call for some combination of buttermilk, mayonnaise, and sour cream — ingredients you should use sparingly if you're looking to lose weight. The next time you want to take a dip in blue cheese, skip the store-bought stuff, and stir up this much lighter recipe instead. Subbing in plain yogurt for fatty ingredients is an easy switch that (surprisingly) did not sacrifice the flavor I was craving.
Serve yours with our cauliflower buffalo bites, crisp and fresh vegetable slices, or on top of your favorite salad. Two tablespoons of this dressing clocks in at just 40 calories per serving, so feel free to enjoy a second helping — it's still dramatically lower in calories and fat than a similar-size portion of the classic.
I like a little spice with my blue cheese dressing, so I sprinkled some cayenne pepper on top.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- Pinch of cayenne, optional
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small dish.
- Let the dressing refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, so the flavors meld together even more.
- Before serving, sprinkle on cayenne if you wish.
Source: Calorie Count
- Condiments/Sauces, Dressings
- North American
- Makes 4 servings (2 heaping tablespoons per serving)
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving