Think caramel apples are way too decadent to enjoy this Fall? At 560 calories, one apple is definitely way too much! Make these caramel apple bites instead.
You only need four ingredients: dates, soy milk, apples, and the topping of your choice. These vegan treats are actually healthy enough to have for a snack. And at 51 calories a piece, go ahead and have a few.
If you don't want to make balls, just cut the apple in slices instead.
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted (about 12)
3 tablespoons vanilla soy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
24 cake pop sticks or toothpicks
Toppings of your choice: chopped nuts, shredded coconut, chopped chocolate, or sprinkles
- Place the dates, soy milk, and vanilla in a your food processor or blender and blend until smooth. The consistency is thick like nut butter, but if you like it thinner, add another tablespoon of soy milk.
- Use a melon baller or a metal teaspoon to scoop out balls from the apple. Each apple will make about 12 balls.
- Poke a stick into each ball then dip into the caramel mixture. Use the back of a metal spoon to smooth the caramel evenly.
- Roll each apple in the topping.
- Enjoy now or store in the fridge for later.
The below nutritional info is for one caramel apple topped with salted peanuts.
Source: Calorie Count
- North American
- 24 pieces
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving