Optional: throw ½ cup of walnuts into the batter to help keep you satisfied all morning. Another option: substitute ½ cup of regular flour with whole wheat flour
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 egg whites
½ tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup orange juice
2 tablespoons skim milk (optional)
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add egg whites and mix together until smooth. Next add oil. Then slowly add in the flour and combine until moist. Next add the Greek yogurt and orange juice. (Depending on the consistency, you can add 2 tablespoons of skim milk. If you like your bread more dense, omit the milk, but if you like it more airy or lighter, you can add it.) Lastly add the ½ cup of coconut, and mix together.
- Pour into a greased 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of coconut on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the bread is golden brown.
- Breads, Breakfast/Brunch
- 16 servings
- Calories per serving