Deep-fried dumpling cravings can blow your calorie count for the day, but you can still enjoy the flavors you love at a fraction of the calories and fat! Skip the greasy delivery and make your own lighter version at home. This skinny crab rangoon appetizer is ready in 15 minutes, and each wonton is just 41 calories a pop.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 24 wonton wrappers (I used Nasoya brand)
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup scallions, washed and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375ºF, and spray mini muffin tin with olive oil spray.
- Push a wonton wrapper into each muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine crab, worcestershire, curry, ginger, and cayenne.
- Mix with a fork, breaking up large chunks of crab, then add the cream cheese, mashing with a fork until fully incorporated.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon filling mixture into wontons.
- Fold ends of wonton wrapper over mixture, and seal with your finger after dipping in water.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until ends are slightly browned, and serve hot, garnished with scallions.