- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup drained cannellini or other white beans
1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
2/3 cup canola oil
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a food processor, purée beans and peanut butter until smooth. Combine bean and peanut butter mixture, oil, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a separate large bowl and beat well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Add the raisins and stir by hand.
- Drop batter (by the tablespoon) onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until centers are firm and edges are lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Makes 48 cookies.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American