Love to DIY during the holidays, but not sure what to gift your friend who's a healthy foodie? Bake up a big batch of healthy granola and package it in the spirit of holidays. This healthy recipe is relatively low in sugar (when compared to the majority of granola recipes), has no cholesterol, and is absolutely delicious. It takes just about 35 minutes to bake, and the result is golden, brown, toasted, and delicious; it's truly everything you want in a bowl of tasty granola.
Two cups of this recipe fills a 24-ounce mason jar, so one batch of this recipe can make three gifts — or six if you choose to use smaller 12-ounce jars. Keep reading for this quick and tasty DIY gift recipe.
I used dried cherries in this recipe, since I love their tart flavor, but feel free to use any dried fruit you'd like. This recipe is so versatile.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup unsalted pepitas
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup dried fruit
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the oats, almonds, coconut, and pepitas with the maple syrup, oil, and salt.
- Bake, tossing once, until golden and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the dried fruit, and toss to combine. Let cool.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Granola
- North American
- 6 cups
- Total Time
- 34 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving