I don't know what it is about Greek salads, but they're so delicious. Perhaps it's the feta? The simple but flavorful dressing? The salty olives and spicy peppers? Probably all of the above. Greek salads are my jam.
I order them out at restaurants all the time. But for some odd reason, I never really thought about making them at home . . . until now. Homemade Greek salad is a game changer. Now that we have a jar of pepperoncini peppers in the house, I can see myself making Greek salads for days. A dollop of hummus paired with the crunchy flavor bomb that is a Greek salad, all wrapped neatly into a brown rice wrap — oh my gosh, so good. They're a portable and delectable lunch.
Today's post is sort of like a two-for-one deal. Since I'm stuffing this Greek salad into a wrap, you get two recipes stuffed into one post. Make the salad, and eat it as is, or make the salad, mix it all together, add a little hummus and wrap it up — your choice. Either way, it's sure to be a tasty meal.
To learn more about this recipe, check out Brittany's blog!
You can easily boost the protein content by adding chickpeas, grilled chicken or shrimp, and feel free to play around with the measurements of the toppings based on your preference. I like being heavy-handed with the veggies.
- For the dressing:
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of raw cane sugar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- For the salad:
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 8 pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 4 whole grain wraps (I used brown rice)
- 1/2 cup garlic hummus
- Add all ingredients for the dressing into a jar and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Add all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add as much dressing as you'd like and stir to combine.
- Plate and serve as a salad, or spread hummus onto wraps, add a portion of mixed salad to each, wrap like a burrito, and serve.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- North American
- 4 wraps
- Calories per serving