Yogurt is a crucial key to a better breakfast, whether it's straight out of the cup and plain, or all jazzed up. If you're looking to chance your morning meal, dress up FitSugar fave Geek yogurt, which has more protein than regular yogurt. If you are usually rushed in the mornings, pack your topping in a sandwich bag or tiny Tupperware the night before and mix up your meal at your desk. Here are some seasonal suggestions:
- After a trip to the Farmers Market, stir strawberries, raspberries, peaches, and fresh figs into your cup of Greek yogurt for extra fiber and Vitamin C.
- Cook up baked pears with maple Greek yogurt and granola for a sweet and saucy mixture that will sustain you through an intense midday workout.
- Blend Greek yogurt into an almond berry banana yogurt smoothie. At 308 calories for a 16 oz. serving, this makes a healthy meal to jump-start your day.
- Don't love oatmeal, but want some extra fiber? Sprinkle your Greek yogurt with 4 tablespoons (or half an ounce) of rolled oats for one added gram of fiber and just 37 calories.
- Go savory: Mix up a 200-calorie range spinach smoothie fit for Popeye.