There's nothing better than a midday Starbucks pick-me-up, am I right? And there is no reason that pick-me-up should have to be a calorie fest. While a cream-covered Frappuccino is always a sweet indulgence, with an average of 45 grams of sugar and 330 calories in a tall, it shouldn't be a go-to. Fortunately, Starbucks offers a plethora of healthier iced drink options to add to your repertoire. And don't worry, they are as delicious as a Frapp (all in a size tall).
- Iced Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte (60 calories): This sweet drink is crafted with espresso, nonfat milk, and sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup, so you get the flavors you want without a cost. It even has six grams of protein.
- Iced Caffè Americano (10 calories): Always a classic, the Caffé Americano is just a shot of espresso topped with water for a perfect layer of crema. It is sugar-free and even offers a gram of protein . . . not much, but it's still something.
- Nariño 70 Cold Brew (0 calories) or Nitro Cold Brew (5 calories): Unlike the regular iced coffee, these specialty brews aren't sweetened, so neither has sugar. The Nariño is made with beans from both Colombia's Nariño region and East Africa that are slow-steeped in cool water for 20 hours, while the Nitro Brew is made with a naturally sweet flavor and cascading, velvety crema. Both options will satisfy any coffee fanatic.
- Cool Lime Refresher (45 calories): A great treat at any time, the Cool Lime Refresher has half the caffeine of a cup of coffee and is shaken with mint and lime. Despite its great taste, the drink only has 11 grams of sugar.
- Teavana Shaken Tea or Tea Infusion (30-50 calories): Whether you want a fruity flavor like strawberry, pineapple, peach, or passion or prefer plain black or green tea, the Teavana shaken tea drinks are always a smart choice. Depending on the flavor, the drinks have eight to 12 grams of sugar, but they're so sweet, you would never notice.