Photo: Lizzie Fuhr
Looking for a new quick and portable homemade breakfast? The simple baked rolled oat bar is a satisfying and sweet make-ahead idea that everyone will love. This versatile recipe can easily incorporate your favorite dried fruit, nuts, or whatever you happen to have in your cupboards.
Keep reading to learn how to make this quick and tasty breakfast.
- 1 cup almond or peanut butter
3/4 cup dark agave nectar or honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup toasted almonds
1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square pan with canola cooking spray.
- Combine almond butter and agave in a heavy bottomed sauce pan over medium-high flame. Whisk until melted — three to five minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add in oat, almonds, and dried fruit.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely and cut into nine equal squares.
- 9 bars
- Calories per serving